Advanced Beginner /
Zoom Lessons and
for Advanced Beginners
with Meagan Powell
4-Week Online Series
to help Year 2 and Year 3 Players
Reinforce and Visualize the Bidding Process
Any Year 2 or Higher Player
When: All times are Eastern Time
WEDNESDAYS: August 2 - August 23
Morning Session: 10:00am - 11:45am
Evening Session: 7:00pm - 8:45pm
Participants choose a specific class time upon enrollment
but will receive the Zoom links for both class times each week.
Participants can swap form their chosen time
if necessary each week, choosing just one class time per week.
Price for Lessons:
$ 72 for all 4 Wednesday Lessons on this topic
$ 18 for each of the 4-week Wednesday Lessons
Pay for individual weeks or for the entire unit at one time.
Cancellations and Refunds for each class
will be allowed until materials are sent.
WHAT: CLASS DAY LECTURE AND PLAY
* Pre-Class PDF Lecture Packet
with Examples and Answers.
* Pre-Class Video to accompany the Lecture PDF
* CLASS DAY: 45-minute Zoom Lecture
followed by 60 - minute online Shark Bridge
Optional Saturday Morning BBO Lab Games
for Extra Practice
Real Bridge Environment for Practice
This is a real Bridge Game where players compete against Opponents, applying concepts learned
in your Bridge career.
NOTE: BBO Lab Games are $7
for each game per person.
More information is provided in class.
Individual Topics for Each Week
Wed, August 2
Class 1: Negative Doubles - Part I
* Responder Requirements to Make a Negative Double
in search of a Major Suit Fit
after Opponent's Overcall suit bid
* Opener's Options When Holding a Fit
With Responder's Implied Major Suit
Wed, August 9
Class 2: Negative Doubles - Part II
* Review Responder Requiremetns for Negative Double
* Opener does not have a Fit
with Responder's Implied Major suit and
rebids Opening suit or NT
* Opener Chooses the Lesser of Evils
without a better choice
Wed, August 16
Class 3: Negative Doubles - Part III
* Review Negative Double and Opener's Options
* Responder's 2nd bid after Opener's Reaction
Wed, August 23
Class 4: Negative Doubles - Part IV
* Awkward Hands
* Putting All the Pieces Together
* Understanding when to Respond in a Suit vs
Making A Negative Double