Practice and Play
In addition to your Wednesday classes,
we also have an optional Practice and Play session
on Saturdays mornings from 10:00am - 11:00pm
These practice sessions on Saturdays allow you
to play more hands on each week's topic.
There is a brief review, and then you play - play - play!
Building on the Basics
Zoom Lessons and
with Meagan Powell
Fundamentals of Takeout Doubles
4-week Online Series
to help Beginner Bridge Players
Reinforce and Visualize
the Bidding Process
Beginner Players with at least 6 months experience or
Any Player who needs Basic Reinforcement
in Competitive Bidding
When: All times are Eastern Time
MONDAYS: August 7 - August 28
Morning Session: 10:00am - 11:45am
Evening Session: 7:00pm - 8:45pm
Price for Lessons:
$ 72 for all 4 Monday Lectures on this topic
$ 18 for each of the 4-week Monday Lecture / Play
Pay for individual weeks or for the entire unit at one time.
Cancellations and Refunds for each class
will be allowed until materials are sent.
WHAT: CLASS DAY LECTURE AND PLAY
* Pre-Class PDF Lecture Packet
with Examples and Answers.
* Pre-Class Video to accompany the Lecture PDF
* CLASS DAY: 45-minute Zoom Lecture
followed by 60 - minute online Shark Bridge
Optional Saturday Morning BBO Lab Games
for Extra Practice
Real Bridge Environment for Practice
This is a real Bridge Game where players compete against Opponents, applying concepts learned in Year 1 of Bridge.
NOTE: BBO Lab Games are $7
for each game per person.
More information is provided in class.
Individual Topics for Each Week
Monday, August 7
Class 1: Basic Takeout Doubles - Part I
* Opponent Requirements for Takeout Double
* Advancer's Interpretation of Partner's Takeout Double
* Doubler's most basic reaction after Advancer's Bid
* Opener and Responder Bidding in the fact of a Tk Dbl
Monday, August 14
Class 2: Basic Takeout Doubles - Part II
* Review of the Basics of the Takeout Double and reaction
* Doubler's Specific Rebids on the 2nd round of the auction:
Offering specific information to Advancer
Monday, August 21
Class 3: Takeout Doubles vs Simple Overcalls
* Making the Decision between Simple Overcalls and
* Learning to look for Takeout Doubles
Monday, August 28
Class 4: Putting It All Together
* Review of the Takeout Double
* Applying all of the rules of Takeout Doubles vs Simple Overcalls
Find us on Facebook