Practice and Play
In addition to your Wednesday classes,
we also have an optional Practice and Play session
on Saturdays mornings from 10:00am - 11:00pm
These practice sessions on Saturdays allow you
to play more hands on each week's topic.
There is a brief review, and then you play - play - play!
Building on the Basics
Zoom Lessons and
with Meagan Powell
3-week Online Series
to help Beginner Bridge Players
Reinforce and Visualize
the Bidding Process
Beginner Players with at least 6 months experience or
Any Player who needs Basic Reinforcement
in Preemptive Bidding
When: All times are Eastern Time
MONDAYS: June 12 - June 26
Morning Session: 10:00am - 11:45am
Evening Session: 7:00pm - 8:45pm
Price for Lessons:
$ 54 for all 3 Monday Lectures on this topic
$ 18 for each of the 3-week Monday Lecture / Play
Pay for individual weeks or for the entire unit at one time.
Cancellations and Refunds for each class
will be allowed until materials are sent.
WHAT: CLASS DAY LECTURE AND PLAY
* Pre-Class PDF Lecture Packet
with Examples and Answers.
* Pre-Class Video to accompany the Lecture PDF
* CLASS DAY: 45-minute Zoom Lecture
followed by 60 - minute online Shark Bridge
Optional Saturday Morning BBO Lab Games
for Extra Practice
Real Bridge Environment for Practice
This is a real Bridge Game where players compete against Opponents, applying concepts learned in Year 1 of Bridge.
NOTE: BBO Lab Games are $10
for each game per person.
More information is provided in class.
Individual Topics for Each Week
Monday, June 12
Class 1: Preemptive Openings - Part I
* Requirements for the Preemptive Opening Bid
* Understanding a little more about Vulnerability
* Opponent Requirements for Simple Overcalls
after Preemptive Openings
* Opponent Requirements for Penalty Doubles
Monday, June 19
Class 2: Preemptive Openings - Part II
* Requirements for Responding
to Partner's Preemptive Opening bid
* Considering the Big Fit with Opener's Preempt
* Considering the Regular Fit with Opener's Preempt
Monday, June 26
Class 3: Preemptive Overcalls vs Simple Overcalls
* Requirements for Overcalling with
a weak Preemptive hand
* Differences between Preemptive Overcalls and
Find us on Facebook