Basic Bridge Challenge Topics
Zoom Lessons and
Online Shark and BBO Play
for Advanced Beginners
with Meagan Powell
Meagan Powell is offering a 12-week series
on the Basic Bridge Challenge Topics
These topics are all still considered part of Basic Bridge,
but they have a little more depth.
Wednesday, March 31st
This week's Bridge 3 Lesson is on Responder Rebid - Part III
This topic discusses a Responder's Rebid with an Unbalanced or
* Rebidding Responder's 6+-card suit vs 5+-card suit
* Responder choosing to Rebid 2NT or 3NT after Opener's Rebid
* Responder bidding with two 5-card Majors
* Responder bidding with 2 longish suits
Topics Covered in our 12-week Basic Bridge Challenge Topics series will cover
the fundamentals of
* Blackwood and Gerber basics for Slam Bidding
* Common Takeout Doubles vs Simple Overcalls
* Big Overcall Takeout Doubles vs Simple Overcalls
* Opener and Responder Initial Bids and Rebids:
- Responding with a New Suit on the 1-level or 2-level
- Responding with a 1NT "Junk Drawer" or a 2NT-3NT balanced hand
- Rebidding 6+ card suits when no initial Fit is found
- Rebidding 1NT - 2NT as Opener to show balanced hand and points
- Rebidding a two-suited hand, including the JumpShift
- Other Miscellaneous Rebidding topics
Note: If you took any of these courses with Meagan in the summer or fall of 2020,
can consider taking them again here IF you feel you need to review
them at a BASIC level.
Anyone who wants a fundamental view of these topics is welcomed to attend
You can see the entire schedule of topics by date here:
Players need a Desktop Computer, a Laptop Computer, or a Tablet (IPad or similar).
This experience will not work on a phone.
Players should download the Zoom App onto their device if they do not already have this application. Go to zoom.us and follow the download instructions
If you have already used ZOOM with Essex Bridge Center, there is no need for this step.
Wednesday Lectures / Optional 'Lab' BBO Games
Saturday Optional 'Lab' BBO Games
The 12 weeks of Bridge 3 offer:
* 9 Wednesday Lecture sessions
* 3 Wednesday BBO 'Lab' Games
* 10 Saturday BBO 'Lab' Games
Participants choose a specific Wednesday session as their primary time:
Group I: Morning 10am - 11:30am
Group II: Evening 7pm - 8:30pm
'Lab' BBO Games:
Participants may also choose to play with us in BBO in special sessions
we're calling 'Labs.' Just like in high-school Chemistry, the group
meets outside of Lecture time to practice what they have learned.
- All Labs are optional.
- All Labs take place in BBO and must be registered and paid through BBO
- All Labs have a play piece followed by an optional Zoom bidding recap piece.
More Information on how this works can be found in the
Lectures: $15 per Lecture or $135 for all 9 Lectures
Participants may pay week-to-week or for all 9 Lectures up front
Labs: $ 7 per Lab paid directly through BBO at time of Game Registration
You may use a Credit Card or PayPal to pay for your Course Enrollment.
1. Complete the Form below.
Important: You must choose the Class Time
you wish to attend.
2. Click the REGISTER button.
3. You will be taken to the PayPal's
Guest Payment platform.
You press the YELLOW button
not the blue button!
4. Enter your Credit Card or Debit Card.
You must fill out all information
including email and phone number.
It is NOT necessary to create a PayPal account.
Find us on Facebook